We use an Xbox One, and in fact since the TV Tuner was released I decommissioned the Media PC I used to have running with multiple tuners in it. The Xbox is our only device in the lounge room, our TV is a dumb TV (no smart TV functions... in fact not even a digital tuner!).
The Xbox has:
- SBS on Demand
- BBC iPlayer
- Many other video services, but haven't used many of those for long periods
- Foxtel Play (or is it Go)
- Live TV Tuner and Guide data
- Live TV streaming to other devices in the home network (PC, tablet, phone, iOS, Android)
- and DVD/Bluray... but have only used that a couple of times.
- Wireless Display/Miracast support (possibly only available as part of the dashboard preview, but the general release of that is on November 12)
And has coming:
- ABC iView app (still waiting on this, it is in development but taking a long time)
- TV DVR function, coming the first half of next year
- Cortana support coming next year
A few other things that I quite like:
- Smartglass control of TV Guide and channels. TV Streaming to other devices even while the Xbox is "off" or in use by someone else.
- Netflix "casting". Browse Netflix on another device (eg. iPad) and then start playing (or controlling) on the Xbox one
- Non media related, but I love the Xbox game streaming back to a Windows 10 PC (or Windows tablet, like our Surface 3). Means even though the Xbox is in the lounge room I can play games at my desk elsewhere in the house